One of the main goals of our platform is to simplify the whole sharing process.
With the feature called Magic Links, we let your customer get access to your content whenever you want it, as easily as possible. Since the launch of Oculus GO, we also support Magic Codes.
Why are they so useful?
- your end user doesn’t require a login and password to the platform. This makes sharing your content way easier and more accessible.
- when a Magic link or Code is being used, all featured tours (that you’d normally see in the app) are being hidden. Your customer will only see your content, with no additional distractions.
OK, so how does the Magic Link or Magic Code work?
Magic Link is a special type of link that can recognize what type of device it’s being opened on.
- iOS device (iPhone or iPad):
- Upon being opened, the link will redirect your user to the App Store in order to download theViewer app. As soon as it’s successfully downloaded and launched, the login screen will be bypassed, all featured tours will be hidden and the tour that you shared via the Magic Link will begin automatically.
- Android device:
- The process will go similarly to the one described above. The only difference is that the Android version of the app will be launched.
- Samsung phone compatible with GearVR:
- If Oculus Home is already installed on the device (Oculus Home Install Guide) and theViewer app gets installed manually*. Then, upon launching theViewer, just like on iOS and Android the login screen will be bypassed, all featured tours will be hidden and the tour that you’ve shared via Magic Link will start automatically.
*Unfortunately, we are not able to redirect the user to theViewer installation process from the Magic Link (like on iOS and Android) at the moment.
- Desktop PC or a Mac without any VR platform installed:
- The Magic Link will behave like a regular web link and launch your tour in the browser.
- Desktop PC with Oculus Home installed (VIVE in Beta tests phase):
- As soon as theViewer will be installed manually the process will be similar to the one for Android and iOS devices.